Creating Web Pages for Dummies
Creating Web Pages All-in-One for Dummies for Dummies 648 pages
Bud Smith, Arthur Bebak
Paperback - 384 pages 6th Ed (March 2002)
The number one reference for creating Web pages and posting them online,
including updates on posting pages for free on Yahoo! Geocities.
This book goes a long way toward explaining Web publishing to newcomers
to the field. It is not, however, much of an introduction to hypertext
markup language (HTML) or any other site development language
- The essentials of building a series of Web pages
- Getting them up for public consumption.
- Publishing services,
- Page-design software, and the
- Bare essentials of HTML
- Special considerations of publishing for Web TV and
- Dealing with diverse browser types.
- Web services (such as America Online and GeoCities) that will help
you publish your pages
- Good page design
Creating Web Pages for Dummies Quick Reference
Paperback - 224 pages 2nd Ed (Feb 1999)
Here's everything you need to know to create your own Web pages from
scratch. Creating Web Pages For Dummies Quick Reference (2nd Edition)
gives you fast, friendly and easy-to-understand information on mastering
the basics of page design; working with graphics, sounds, and video;
creating Web pages with Microsoft FrontPage 2000, Netscape Composer
4.5, or Microsoft FrontPage Express; and, finally, publishing your Web
sites to...Reviewer: email@example.com
i shouldn't have bought this particular book; it focuses on a set of
popular web-creation packges, which may be good for many 'wintel' users,
but not for me with my iMac... some useful general pointers on the whole
web-design process, mind.
Designing Web Usability
Jacob Nielson (The worlds acknowledged
authority on web usability)
Paperback - 432 pages (January 2000)
Creating Web sites is easy. Creating sites that truly meet the needs
and expectations of the wide range of online users is quite another
story. In Designing Web Usability: The Practice of Simplicity, Jakob
Nielsen shares his insightful thoughts on the subject. Packed with annotated
examples of actual Web sites, this book sets out many of the design
precepts all Web developers should follow.
- Cross-platform design.
- Response time considerations.
- Writing for the Web.
- Multimedia implementation.
- Navigation strategies.
- Search boxes.
- Corporate intranet design.
- Accessibility for disabled users.
- international considerations.
- Future predictions.
- includes survey results on:
- sizes of screens
- types of queries submitted to search engines
- response times by connection type
Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing with
HTML 4 in 21 Days
Hardcover - 1272 pages (Dec 1998)
This is a book suited for beginners to HTML and experts looking for
a reference book. It starts from basics and assumes no prior knowledge.
This title is for anyone interested in learning how to publish pages
on the Internet.
- The World Wide Web. Introduction to HTML
- Creating Simple Web Pages, Links, Text Formatting.
- Web Graphics. Using Images, Color, and Backgrounds. Creating Images
- Style Sheets, Tables, and Frames. XHTML and Style Sheets
- Multimedia and Java Applets. Adding Sounds, Videos.Using Java
- Imagemaps and Forms. Beginning CGI Scripting
- Designing Effective Web Pages. Dos and Don'ts. Good and Bad Web
- Putting Your Site Online
- Letting People Know It's There
- Testing, Revising, and Maintaining Your Web Site
- Setting Up and Administering a Web Server. Tricks, and Tips. Security
and Access Control
- Appendix A Sources for Further Information
- B HTML 4.0 Quick Reference
- C Cross-Browser Reference Table
- D Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) Quick Reference
- F Character Entities
- G Colors by Name and Hexadecimal Value
- H MIME Types and File Extensions
HTML and XHTML
Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing with
HTML and XHTML in 21 Days
Paperback - 864 pages 3rd Ed (15 March, 2001)
Sams Teach Yourself Web Publishing with HTML & XHTML in 21 Days,
Third Edition is a new edition of the best-selling Laura Lemay book
that started the whole HTML/Web publishing phenomenon. The entire book
has been revised and refined to freshen up its appearance and to bring
it up to date with current Web publishing practices and technologies.
Yet the books original style, off-beat humor, and popular learning techniques
will be retained and developed. This edition of the book includes coverage
of the latest developments in HTML and Web publishing, including the
effects of XHTML 1.0 and 1.1 on Web publishing practices, the new generation
of browsers from Microsoft and Netscape, improvements and changes in
Web publishing tools, and developments in Web scripting and programming.
Table of Contents
Each Chapter ends with Summary, Workshop, Q&A, Quiz, Quiz Answers,
- World Wide Web. What the Browser Does. Web Servers. Uniform Resource
- How to organized a Web Site.
- An Introduction to HTML.
- HTML Formatting. Programs to Help You Write HTML. CREATING
SIMPLE WEB PAGES.
- HTML.The Tag, Title, Headings, Paragraphs, Lists.
- Links. Tag. Relative
and Absolute Pathnames. Anchors. URL.
- Horizontal Rules. Line Break.
Addresses. Quotations. Special Characters.
- Text Alignment. Aligning
Individual Elements. Aligning Blocks of Elements. Fonts and Font
- WEB GRAPHICS. Images, Color, and Backgrounds. Text and Image
Alignment. Wrapping Text Next to Images. Adjusting the Space Around
- Images and Links. Using External Images. Other Neat Tricks
- Naming Colors. Changing the Background Color. Changing
Text Colors. Spot Color.
- Creating Animated Graphics, Transparent
GIF Files and Creating an Image Rollover.
- Creating and Using Imagemaps.
- Frames and Linked Windows.
- XHTML and Style Sheets. External and
Embedded Style Sheets. Cascading.
- Multimedia- Adding Sounds, Videos,
- Designing Forms.
- DESIGNING EFFECTIVE WEB
PAGES. Dos and Donts.
for the latest price and additional information with Amazon.
Designing Web Pages (Illustrated Series
TT280 Set book (provided)
Set book for Open University Course TT280
Paperback (May 2001).
This Illustrated Series text focuses on strong usability and design concepts to teach the essential skills for creating a portable, well-designed professional Web site.
||Top of Page